What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for managing the company’s accounting function by implementing best-in-class processes that can scale with company growth. Reporting to the Global Financial Controller, you will own the company’s financial reporting, including account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, and assisting with audit report and tax return preparations. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and technical skill.
- Execute all position responsibilities in alignment with Slingshot’s core values, mission, and purpose
- Manage critical accounting processes and provide accounting thought-leadership
- Manage the company’s accounting activity, including all general ledger, consolidation, technical accounting, tax, accounts payable, order to cash, and revenue recognition activities
- Provide accounting expertise to ensure various transactions are properly recorded and in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Develop, maintain, and document accounting policies, internal controls and systems in accordance with GAAP
- Actively support internal and external audit requests
- Manage external business relationships including auditors, tax, and other key relationships
- Support the continued improvement efforts for NetSuite ERP and other financial applications to drive scalability and reliability in our finance and accounting operations
- Interface with executive team and company managers to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of processes
- Perform other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% of the responsibilities listed above)
- BA/ BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 2-5+ years proven accounting experience, with a mix of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and technology company experience (start-up preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory standards (ASC in particular)
- Experience covering monthly, quarterly, and annual close, including preparing sufficient documentation for audit support
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite ERP, Airbase, Bill.com, Expensify and other related financial applications
- Experience with full cycle of AP, AR, and Payroll functions, business processes and all areas of accounting
- Active CPA certification
You don’t have to meet every qualification listed - if your skills are transferable and you meet the minimum requirements, we encourage you to apply.
- Pay Range: $90,000-$135,000
Classification: Full time Exempt (administrative exemption)
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion are key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for creating a safer, more connected world. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and we embrace individuality.