Global Financial Controller
What You’ll Do:
As a Global Financial Controller, you will build and lead our accounting team to implement best-in-class processes and tools that can scale with the company. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, you will coordinate and direct budgeting and financial controls to ensure fiscal responsibility and accountability. You will report on financial conditions for both internal and external stakeholders and provide insights to help the company achieve its financial goals.
- Execute all position responsibilities in alignment with Slingshot’s core values, mission, and purpose
- Recruit, develop, and provide leadership to a high performing team to support ambitious company growth targets, maintaining a culture of excellence and ensuring the team is motivated and challenged
- Regularly communicate clear roles, goals and expectations for team members; promote a culture of feedback and accountability
- Foster a culture of personal and professional growth
- Build and oversee the global accounting function, including all general ledger, consolidation, technical accounting, tax, procure to pay, order to cash, and revenue recognition activities
- Be the primary accounting and tax expert, overseeing all accounting policies, standard operating procedures, and technical accounting
- Provide accounting expertise to ensure various transactions are properly recorded and in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Actively lead annual audit and internal/external audit requests
- Manage external business relationships including auditors, tax, and other key relationships
- Support the optimization of NetSuite ERP and other financial applications to drive scalability and reliability in our finance and accounting operations
- Interface with executive team and other company leaders to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of processes
- Support M&A activity
- Perform other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% of the responsibilities listed above)
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible for government clearances
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Active CPA certification
- 7-10+ years proven accounting experience, 3+ years of managing and leading an accounting team and processes
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory standards (GAAP) and an up-to-date knowledge of revenue recognition requirements (ASC606), lease accounting standards (ASC 842) and stock compensation expense (ASC718)
- Experience building and improving a bullet-proof monthly close process, as well as managing external auditors
- Experience with full cycle of AP, AR, and payroll functions
- Impeccable integrity
- A mix of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and technology company experience
- Experience with NetSuite ERP, Bill.com, Expensify and other related financial applications
- Start-up experience in a high-growth VC backed company
- Experience with government contract accounting and government market
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
*These skills are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to meet every qualification listed- if your skills are transferable and you meet the minimum requirements, we encourage you to apply.
Classification: Full time Exempt (executive exemption)
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion are key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for creating a safer, more connected world. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and we embrace individuality.
Something looks off?