Senior Product Manager
About the role:
Behind many of life’s most important transactions — buying a house, applying for a mortgage, getting a small business loan, or refinancing a credit card — is a network of credit relationships. Setpoint provides critical infrastructure for relationships between the world’s largest banks, credit funds and capital markets counterparties. We’re building trust in this system of credit.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team!
This is an opportunity to have a big impact and partner with multiple functions across the organization. The ideal candidate can quickly achieve expert status, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with a fast growing startup.
Who will love this job:
- An independent problem-solver - you can understand what’s most important quickly and independently build solutions
- A scrappy team player – you thrive in early-stage environments with lots of moving parts, priorities, roles and responsibilities
- An intuitive all-round athlete - you are comfortable converting complex ideas into solutions, and are excited about product ops, sales, and customer experience as well
- A strategic thinker - you use data to drive business ideas, prioritization decisions, product ideas and technical designs
- A great communicator – you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, you can communicate to leadership, engineering and sales with equal ease and effectiveness
- An analytical executor - you can analyze and synthesize big datasets, operating with zero-defect and can be hands-on with our capital and engineering teams
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Setpoint Capital, Product & Engineering to onboard new Setpoint capital clients, including training and enabling customers to use Setpoint software
- Collaborate with Setpoint CEO and Product team to identify and develop new product market opportunities, including customer, segment and asset class expansion
- Structure, drive, and coordinate Setpoint’s internal stakeholder-driven product feature development across the Capital, Finance, Accounting, Sales and leadership teams
- Drive Setpoint’s software acquisition integration by developing a product and client transition roadmap, and managing the implementation
You should have:
- 3-5 years of product experience, ideally B2B enterprise product experience
- 1-2 years of financial services or consulting experience (nice to have)
- Experience in real estate tech, fintech or complex operational systems (nice to have)
- Experience managing enterprise clients, building data and customer-centric products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; can bring structure and focus to complex questions
- Ability to prioritize appropriately, and meet deadlines in high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated track record of using data and insights to drive business decisions
- Comfort with technical enterprise products and structured finance products
Setpoint provides purpose-built capital and technology to asset-backed borrowers and lenders. Our platform is the funding operating system for originators: it verifies and stores documents; automates critical calculations and compliance reporting; and digitizes assets like homes or cars. Setpoint’s technology makes warehouse transactions instant and error free.
In December 2022, Setpoint announced a $43M Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz with participation from Stonecroft, 75andSunny, FifthWall, 645 Ventures, NextView Ventures, LiveOak Venture Partners, Vesta Ventures, and ATX Venture Partners.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, disability coverage, and flexible vacation. Setpoint has offices in Austin, New York, and Park City, UT and we’re currently hiring remote team members.
Setpoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.