Senior Fund Accountant
About the role:
Behind many of life’s most important transactions — buying a house, applying for a mortgage, getting a small business loan, or refinancing a credit card — is a network of credit relationships. Setpoint provides critical infrastructure for relationships between the world’s largest banks, credit funds and capital markets counterparties. We’re building trust in this system of credit.
We are looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to join our team!
This is an opportunity to have a big impact and partner with multiple functions across the organization. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual looking for an exciting experience with countless opportunities to learn and grow their skill set. They will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a fast-growing company. This role reports directly to the Controller.
Who will love this job:
- A doer - you have a strong bias towards action and a 'get it done' mentality
- An independent problem-solver - you can understand what’s most important quickly and independently build solutions
- A scrappy team player – you thrive in early-stage environments with lots of moving parts, priorities, roles and responsibilities
- A strategic thinker - you use data to drive business ideas, prioritization decisions, product ideas and technical designs
- A great communicator – you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, you can communicate to customers and internal stakeholders with equal ease and effectiveness
What you’ll do:
- Perform and oversee the accounting functions for all of Setpoint’s lending operations
- Coordinate with fund administrators, bankers, auditors, and tax firms to ensure accurate reporting and tax filing
- Manage cash flow to achieve maximum returns for Setpoint’s funds
- Work with Setpoint’s Fund Operations team to ensure that funding requests are fulfilled accurately and swiftly
- Coordinate with Setpoint’s Engineering and Product teams to design software features that make the funding and accounting processes more accurate and efficient
You should have:
- 5-8 years of experience in fund accounting or fund auditing
- Experience in real estate tech or fintech (nice to have)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Quickbooks and NetSuite are preferred
Setpoint provides purpose-built capital and technology to asset-backed borrowers and lenders. Our platform is the funding operating system for originators: it verifies and stores documents; automates critical calculations and compliance reporting; and digitizes assets like homes or cars. Setpoint’s technology makes warehouse transactions instant and error free.
In December 2022, Setpoint announced a $43M Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz with participation from Stonecroft, 75andSunny, FifthWall, 645 Ventures, NextView Ventures, LiveOak Venture Partners, Vesta Ventures, and ATX Venture Partners.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, disability coverage, and flexible vacation. Setpoint has offices in Austin, New York, and Park City, UT and we’re currently hiring remote team members.
$100,000 - $130,000 Expected Salary Range depending on location and experience, plus stock option compensation and benefits.
Setpoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.