Space Vehicle Manager
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Wanna join the adventure?
We are seeking a Space Vehicle Manager to join our team of experts in satellite technology. This is a first-of-it’s kind role at Loft - set the bar for how production runs in a new facility, with a new team. This role is instrumental in the company’s ability to deliver products and effectively coordinate resources. You will be at the center of the action - managing materials, personnel, equipment and information in a dynamic environment.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About the role:
- Developing and executing plans to optimize utilization of personnel, tooling and equipment, and mitigate risks/obstacles to production objectives.
- Creating and/or optimizing processes and/or tools to increase production efficiency and reduce cycle times and overall cost
- Responsible for leading day to day operations of satellites during Assembly, Integration & Test execution
- Coordinate support for daily activities across multiple functions in a fast-paced production/test environment.
- Perform detailed planning, preparations, and oversee the execution of Integration & Test activities at both the factory and the launch site
- Moderate among the interests of cross functional groups to optimize planned operations that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints and risks.
- Excellent organization, leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Understand and perform job duties using the principles and disciplines of SV Test Engineering including policy, procedures, process discipline, and safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a Business, Supply Chain or Engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years previous experience leading cross functional team in a production environment for an electromechanical integrated product
- Understanding of aerospace manufacturing requirements, materials, methods and processes
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, schematics, specifications, and requirements
- Experience with nonconformance reporting and disposition processes.
- Previous experience with manufacturing execution systems (e.g., NetSuite, First Resonance Ion)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in space vehicle assembly/integration including product-specific handling/installation knowledge re: solar arrays, MLI, deployable mechanisms, and harnessing.
- Previous experience in space vehicle test operations including the test development, test execution, data analysis, anomaly resolution, and electrical test equipment
- Familiarity with environmental test equipment and execution (e.g., Vibration, Shock, Thermal, TVAC)
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.