Actuarial Pricing Manager
High Definition Vehicle Insurance
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
What we do
HDVI is modern insurance for today’s fleets driven by service, safety and savings. With real-time telematics data informing our risk models, we help lower premiums, mitigate risk, engage and reward drivers and simply put, offer uncomplicated protection for trucking fleets. Our customers are small to midsize truck fleet operators who benefit from dynamic and transparent pricing – automatically reducing their premiums for safer driving. Leveraging a best-in-class partner ecosystem, HDVI combines magnitude and stability with innovation to revolutionize commercial trucking insurance.
Why work here
HDVI is building the industry-defining commercial auto insurance company for the next 100 years. The $50 billion commercial auto industry hasn’t seen real innovation for decades and is broken in a number of ways, creating a significant opportunity for HDVI.
HDVI is co-founded by a former Esurance co-founder, and has a senior management team with experience building innovative insurance and logistics companies from zero to $1B+ enterprises and deep expertise in trucking insurance. HDVI is well-funded by leading logistics and mobility-focused venture capital firms and strategic investors, including 8VC, Munich Re, and Daimler Trucks.
The HDVI Team is values-driven, data-driven, ambitious, and collaboratively minded, with a diverse background of experiences and skills in the insurance and logistics industries. We like challenges and building solutions that improve the quality of life for our customers. We offer generous benefits, including employee stock options, health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible work environment, and unlimited PTO.
About the Role
This role is at the core of HDVI’s innovation engine. You will have the opportunity to work with proprietary data sets and be a part of developing the future of commercial auto insurance. You will be responsible for providing data driven insights and recommendations to improve HDVI’s product and rating algorithm. You will be part of the insurance product team and work closely with the data team to drive best in class insurance analytics. We are seeking an Actuarial Manager who is able to drive results in three key functional areas of Actuarial, Predictive Modeling and Business Intelligence.
What You'll Do
- Conduct quarterly review of reserves and rate adequacy.
- File rates and product changes to enhance profitable growth
- Improve & automate analytical processes.
- Monitor pricing KPIs and establish operational targets
- Predictive Modeling
- Develop SHIFT 4.0 - HDVI’s telematics-based pricing algorithm
- Identify and test external data sources to develop advanced predictive pricing models
- Monitor Model effectiveness and provide recommendations to improve predictiveness
- Execute roadmap for continuous model development and innovation
- Business Intelligence
- Design & Publish Company Dashboard
- Work with Business leaders to understand departmental analytic needs and create reports
- Support OKR process and enable broad access to data sources
- Partner with data team to enhance data governance and reconciliation processes
What You Have
- 5+ years in Actuarial Pricing, Business Intelligence, and Predictive Modeling
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerBI
- Experience and ability to write queries, do data exploration, design charts and dashboards
- Understanding of ISO and commercial product structures
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, managing ambiguity and juggling multiple projects using agile technologies
- Well-honed analytical abilities and a knack for critical thinking, innovative solutioning and storytelling with data to influence decisioning
- Commercial Lines Pricing Experience
- Telematics Modeling experience (Personal or Commercial)
- Familiarity with analytic programming languages: SQL, R, Python
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible office policy
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Senior People Operations Specialist, Morgan Harrison. You can reach him at Morgan@hdvi.com.