Senior Liability Adjuster
High Definition Vehicle Insurance
Anderson, SC, USA · Greenville, SC, USA · Spartanburg, SC, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 7, 2023
What we do
HDVI is modern insurance for today’s fleets driven by service, safety and savings. With real-time telematics data informing our risk models, we help lower premiums, mitigate risk, engage and reward drivers and simply put, offer uncomplicated protection for trucking fleets. Our customers are small to midsize truck fleet operators who benefit from dynamic and transparent pricing – automatically reducing their premiums for safer driving. Leveraging a best-in-class partner ecosystem, HDVI combines magnitude and stability with innovation to revolutionize commercial trucking insurance.
Why work here
HDVI is building the industry-defining commercial auto insurance company for the next 100 years. The $50 billion commercial auto industry hasn’t seen real innovation for decades and is broken in a number of ways, creating a significant opportunity for HDVI.
HDVI is co-founded by a former Esurance co-founder, and has a senior management team with experience building innovative insurance and logistics companies from zero to $1B+ enterprises and deep expertise in trucking insurance. HDVI is well-funded by leading logistics and mobility-focused venture capital firms and strategic investors, including 8VC, Munich Re, and Daimler Trucks.
The HDVI Team is values-driven, data-driven, ambitious, and collaboratively minded, with a diverse background of experiences and skills in the insurance and logistics industries. We like challenges and building solutions that improve the quality of life for our customers. We offer generous benefits, including employee stock options, health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible work environment, and unlimited PTO.
About the Role
As a Senior Liability Adjuster, you will work closely with HDVI’s Claims and Fleet Services teams. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of handling all aspects of Commercial Auto claims inclusive of litigation management. You will be responsible for influencing and providing claim resolution and tactical guidance to both internal and external customers in order to achieve world class claims outcomes. Please note that this is a remote position.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Claims Manager to provide technical and strategic oversight of TPA handled claims
- With limited direction, review and analyze complex claim notifications and communicate with our TPA partners to ensure that the correct behaviors are being practiced
- Engage with various internal and external partners to drive resolution on high-severity matters that are identified
- Be adaptable to various business demands and willing to assist with special claims projects and other duties as assigned
- Participate in regular claims reviews with both internal and external customers
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance contracts and industry trends by proactively maintaining required adjuster license(s)
- Provide technical expertise in response to inquiries from internal and external customers
- Assist with the development of HDVI’s internal claims Best Practices
- Eventually this role will develop into an individual contributor role with a pending of a variety of Commercial Trucking claims
What You Have
- 5+ years experience with handling complex Commercial Auto claims
- Extensive experience across all technical areas of Commercial Auto inclusive of but not limited to Physical Damage, Auto Liability, First Party Medical / Personal Injury Protection, Motor Truck Cargo and Truckers General Liability
- Extensive experience with analyzing, determining and applying Coverage for Commercial Auto claims
- Advanced experience and capabilities in litigation claims management, including ADR and mediation processes involving Commercial Auto exposures
- Experience attending and controlling cases at mediations/settlement conferences, pre-suit, post suit, pretrial and post-trial
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving, high-growth environment with the ability to collaborate across and within different levels of the organization
- Experience with large Fleets (250+) with self-insured retentions and/or large deductibles
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt, embrace the unknown and shift priorities
- Willingness to look outside your day to day to ensure you keep learning and growing in a startup environment
- 5+ years of Commercial Auto claims experience; trucking preferred
- College Education
- Active Adjusters License - strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with self-insured retention (SIR), large deductibles and claims involving Independent Owner Operators (IOO)
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible office policy
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Senior People Operations Specialist, Morgan Harrison. You can reach him at Morgan@hdvi.com.