Business Development Manager
High Definition Vehicle Insurance
Sales & Business Development
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2022
What we do
HDVI is modern insurance for today’s fleets driven by service, safety and savings. With real-time telematics data informing our risk models, we help lower premiums, mitigate risk, engage and reward drivers and simply put, offer uncomplicated protection for trucking fleets. Our customers are small to midsize truck fleet operators who benefit from dynamic and transparent pricing – automatically reducing their premiums for safer driving. Leveraging a best-in-class partner ecosystem, HDVI combines magnitude and stability with innovation to revolutionize commercial trucking insurance.
Why work here
HDVI is building the industry-defining commercial auto insurance company for the next 100 years. The $50 billion commercial auto industry hasn’t seen real innovation for decades and is broken in a number of ways, creating a significant opportunity for HDVI.
HDVI is co-founded by a former Esurance co-founder, and has a senior management team with experience building innovative insurance and logistics companies from zero to $1B+ enterprises and deep expertise in trucking insurance. HDVI is well-funded by leading logistics and mobility-focused venture capital firms and strategic investors, including 8VC, Munich Re, and Daimler Trucks.
The HDVI Team is values-driven, data-driven, ambitious, and collaboratively minded, with a diverse background of experiences and skills in the insurance and logistics industries. We like challenges and building solutions that improve the quality of life for our customers. We offer generous benefits, including employee stock options, health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible work environment, and unlimited PTO.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will champion profitable growth for HDVI in close partnership with underwriting and with HDVI’s agency partners. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of business development and agency management for a territory. This includes appointing, training, and partnering with new and existing agents to drive submission growth and production. The ideal candidate will travel as needed to work with agency partners, up to around 25-35% of the time.
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with agencies in your territory to drive quality submissions and production
- Set goals for each agency in your territory and help them achieve their goals
- Perform regular check-ins with agency partners, including in-person travel up to 25-35% of the time
- Vet new potential agency partners that help support HDVI’s profitable growth goals
- Collaborate with the the underwriting and product teams to deeply understand the nuances of our product offering and appetite, and communicate about it to agency partners
- Provide input to the software product development team on tools that would make it easier for agents to do business with HDVI
What You Have
- 3 years of experience in a Commercial Insurance related position, transportation insurance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Business Administration, or Business Management, or equivalent in a field with skills transferable to insurance
- Expert sales and training skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to network and build relationships
- Strong office technology skills
- Ability to travel
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible office policy
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Senior People Operations Specialist, Morgan Harrison. You can reach him at Morgan@hdvi.com.