At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility. Come join us in building a better future.
Location: Austin, TX
About the Job
We are seeking a Field Engineer with experience in HVAC systems and/or energy efficiency. Successful candidates will work directly with our customer’s building operations team and property management to identify and log all operating equipment and systems in contribution to the Backpack System.
Our Field Engineers operate as both consultant and data gatherer, but contributions will also extend to: installing logging equipment, diagramming system and equipment layouts, translating onsite drawings and information into digital manifests, writing down any operational nuances or maintenance histories that may exist for a building, and in some instances, reviewing and identifying energy efficiency projects.
An effective Field Engineer will have a combination of analytical ability, amicable personality, keen attention to the small stuff, and an innate desire to establish best operating strategies for energy efficiency.
This is a full-time position in our Austin office. The position requires approximately 70% travel, most of which are two day trips to commercial offices throughout the South region. This could be a half-day trip to a site or to a vendor locally, or a multi-day trip to multiple sites to a more distant areas.
- Engage with building operators at their asset to fully catalogue their equipment, systems and operations and to identify opportunities for energy efficiency
- Confirm various system or equipment changes using BAS or unit integrated controller readouts
- Document and confirm performance through data collection from operations team or via existing data logging equipment onsite
- Commission existing systems for correct operations and identify preliminary opportunities to improve energy efficiency
- Confirm utility meter layouts and install pulse metering technology as necessary.
- Foster and grow client relationships and identify opportunities for generating additional work from current clients
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to be on your feet and moving throughout a building for upwards of 3-4 hours at a time.
- Ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders while onsite.
- Familiarity with building infrastructure, HVAC and OT terminology and diagrams a plus.
- Working knowledge of Atlasssian and Airtable based software.
- Awareness of building automation system architectures and layouts.
Education and Experience:
- Have a BS in mechanical, aerospace, or architectural engineering or similar technical field.
- Bring 2-6 years of experience with building energy science engineering, BAS installations, or HVAC consultant.
- Have done project management or commissioning of capital projects in commercial or industrial setting, including HVAC&R.
- Experience providing feedback into product development frameworks or software teams.
- Experience giving technical feedback to customers.
- Strong technical and interpersonal communication skills.
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.