Lead Software Engineer, Frontend
Lead Software Engineer, Frontend
At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility. Come join us in building a better future.
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
About the Job
As a leader and member of our growing software development team, you will work side-by-side with our leadership, product team, and other engineers to create the most advanced energy efficiency and investment analysis tools the real estate industry has ever seen. While the position’s primary responsibilities are focused on frontend development, there will be ample opportunity for backend development to suit your interests. Our stack is written primarily in JS/React (with Flow), Ruby, and Rust, is backed by a Postgres database, and runs on Kubernetes.
- Assist in recruitment and coaching of frontend and full-stack software engineers
- Lead planning and implementation of frontend interfaces for internal and customer-facing systems and services
- Work with the product and engineering teams to develop and maintain modular frontend design systems
- Monitor and maintain production frontend systems
- Create and implement policies and procedures for code styling, code review, deployment, maintenance, and testing of systems
- Optimize build pipelines for performance and bundle size
- Automate development, deployment, and administrative tasks
- Continuously seek to streamline and improve internal processes to increase efficiency
- Limited travel might be required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining interfaces for production systems
- 2+ years experience with React
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with a distributed version control system, preferably Git
- Forward focused with a results-oriented mentality and a desire to have an integral role in building a transformative company
- Familiarity with an RDBMS such as MySQL or Postgres
- Comfort in the Linux command line
- Experience with 3D rendering in the browser
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.