Financial Operations Associate
ATX Venture Partners, a leading early-stage institutional venture capital firm based in the Texas region is currently seeking a Financial Associate. This role will become a key contributor at a fast-paced, exciting, entrepreneurial venture capital firm. Job title and compensation will be commensurate with related work experience and education- we are able to consider more seasoned applicants.
The Financial Associate will report directly to one Partner / Founder and works with members of the Operations and Investment teams. As a small 7-person team, members can influence key company initiatives. The role is based in downtown Austin, Texas.
· Managing operational and accounting workflows
· Code expenses properly, oversee expenses in expensify/bill.com and contribute to budget reporting
· Manage global tax strategy including risk analysis and mitigation
· Maintain a GP dashboard to report key metrics to internal team
· Oversee co-investment accounting including making sure each investment is coded properly
· Open bank accounts
· Maintain private fund entities
· Assist team in updating the Fund’s valuations, financial statements, and material for investor meetings
· Maintain accuracy of portfolio management system including NAV of each investment, net and gross IRR, realized/unrealized gains, MOIC and other metrics
· Tracking ongoing deliverables, including the monitoring, and reporting requirements
· Managing the flow of information for investment updates and capital activity (capital calls, distributions, capital account statements, etc.)
· Reconciliation of investor subscriptions/redemptions and tracking investor documents
· Performing investment support functions relating to logging and updating workflows
· Liaising with the Fund’s transfer agent to ensure proper shareholder onboarding, client service and investor tracking
· Develop strong relationship with key business partners, including fund administrator team, tax, legal, audit, controller, compliance, and banking
· Liaise with administration and other vendors to solve complex client requests
· Handle third party audit of 6+ Venture Capital Funds
· Oversee third party tax preparation and completion including K-1 distribution
· Assist with required compliance filings such as ADV and Form D
· Respond to investor and third-party requests for FMV, statements etc.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
· 3 + years of public accounting or fund administration experience
· Advanced Excel required
· Strong fund operations and back-office management skills
· Deep understanding of venture fund structuring, operations, and taxation
· The successful candidate will demonstrate the vision required to take a fresh look at our operations, information technology, compliance functions, and team architecture to design a best-in-class, scalable operating company
· Exhibit a sense of urgency in responding to inquiries and duties, as assigned
· Execute on all tasks in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner
· Be comfortable and confident working with a broad spectrum of partners, vendors, and institutions
· Be committed to a high quality, accurate, and efficient work output
· Have an intellectual curiosity and passion for investments, particularly venture capital and tech
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving mindset
· Be a hard-working self-starter that can manage multiple tasks effectively with limited direction
· Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with related work experience and education. ATX VP encourages everyone to bring their authentic selves to work and therefore offer a variety of above-market benefits including the following. All benefits begin after a 120 day trial period.
· Flexible paid time off including vacation, sick days, and personal days,
· 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage,
· 6% matching 401(k) retirement plan,
· gym membership,
· downtown Austin parking pass,
· prime office location with unlimited beverages and snacks plus 2 free meals per week,
· fun and fast paced work environment including team retreats/outings/events,
· eligibility for co-investment access in deals,
· and support for community involvement.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: ATX Venture Partners values diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are deliberate about the kind of team and culture we are building. Diversity not only includes race, color, and sex, but also gender, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. Everyone on our team brings an important perspective key to our success.