Meteorologist (Sun-Wed 9am-7pm CST) Remote
Do work that matters.
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: To save lives and minimize loss by identifying active threats globally and facilitating timely communications when an emergency threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is seeking a Meteorologist (Sunday- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CST) to join our growing Global Intelligence Team. You will play a critical part in making sure our customers are provided with timely and accurate information regarding major global weather events and natural disasters, as well as the impacts of such events on employee safety and business continuity.
As one of the fastest growing software companies in the nation, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth to keep up with our demand!
Who you are:
You are a meteorologist who is excited to work alongside a Global Intelligence Team and partner with our senior meteorologist to bring our customers important forecasting and context around major weather events. You are passionate about communicating information ahead of a weather event as well as alerting customers to impacts following natural disasters. You have as strong of an interest in natural disaster-related news gathering as forecasting. You have sound judgement with the ability to make difficult decisions under pressure.
What you get to do every day:
- Use weather forecasting tools and services to identify weather events that could impact our global clients
- Communicate critical weather information effectively and with urgency to customers, providing initial alerts and updated information as necessary. This will include daily regional weather forecasting around the globe as well as major events such as hurricanes, wildfires, winter storms, and more
- Partner with Global Intelligence Analysts, helping to direct their information gathering on forecasted weather events and natural disasters
- Leverage social media and additional sources of information to surface and alert on impacts as a result of weather and/or natural disasters
- Partner with senior meteorologist to support customer webinars and other product offerings
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science
- Strong forecasting skills coupled with the ability to take complex scientific concepts, both weather related and beyond, and communicate them effectively
- Ability to multitask effectively with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of weather forecasting tools and systems; comfortable evaluating weather data for various international locations
- Ability to work under stressful situations, in a fast-paced environment with critical timelines
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate and collaborate with others
- As a key player in a 24/7 team, this role requires shift flexibility. Scheduled shifts will fall between Sunday- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CST. Brief interruptions in normal scheduling may occur during extreme weather events
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive base salary + Company-wide bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and paid parental leave policies
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 6 years in a row and numerous other awards
- Access to brand new downtown office with 360-degree views of Austin, high-tech building gym, and nearby running trails
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, West Virginia.
Something looks off?