Manager, DevOps (Remote)
Do work that matters.
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: to save lives and minimize loss by identifying active threats globally and facilitating timely communications when an emergency threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values, which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right, include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is looking for a Manager, DevOps, to guide the evolution of our systems infrastructure with a collaborative team of DevOps engineers. This role provides an opportunity to manage and expand our extensive AWS infrastructure to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base. The ideal candidate is passionate about automation, scalability, and security with deep knowledge and experience with AWS technologies and is motivated to support the career growth and development of their team. As part of a small team, you will wear many hats and partner with the development team to design, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain all aspects of the AlertMedia platforms.
Who you are:
You're excited to lead a team of DevOps Engineers to help ensure the stability of a product that makes a huge impact and can never go down. You stay abreast of the latest security and networking technology to make sure you're ahead of the curve. You have disaster recovery down and have created contingency plans for a variety of scenarios. You're an AWS and Linux expert and have a meticulous drive for excellence in your work. You take mentoring seriously and create opportunities to grow your team members’ skills. Others would call you a player/coach who is willing to jump in and help where needed, open to sharing ideas and best practices.
What you get to do every day:
- Manage the professional development and technical direction for a team of DevOps Engineers
- Work in a secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure that cannot fail during critical local, national, and global events
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Work with various AWS Services, Docker, Linux, and continuous deployment tools, and work with tools like Terraform for infrastructure as code
- Continually evaluate the security of our systems and applications, with an emphasis on data security
- Work with the team to determine tool requirements, then drive the implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement
- Collaborate in an Agile based environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Slack
- Contribute to the technology lead that AlertMedia has over other solutions through innovative development and by helping contribute new ideas related to leveraging technology in our product line
- Invest in AlertMedia’s culture, values, and vision for the future
What you bring to the role:
- 6+ years of operations engineering experience
- Experience leading & developing a team of DevOps Engineers
- Extensive experience in designing, configuring, deploying, managing & automating AWS Core Services like S3, IAM, EC2, ECS, Route53, SNS, SQS, ELB, CloudWatch, Lambda and VPC
- Hands-on experience with Terraform and Docker
- Expertise with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals
- Experience developing and maintaining disaster recovery systems and automation
- Experience managing large scale deployments
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems
- Proficiency in at least one coding language (Python is a plus)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage working on multiple projects in parallel
- Problem-solving attitude with a collaborative team spirit
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
- AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas
- Position is open for remote location in the United States except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, or West Virginia
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive base salary + Company-wide bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are 100% paid for employees!
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other!
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 6 years in a row and numerous other awards
- Access to brand new downtown office with 360 views of Austin, high-tech building gym, and nearby running trails
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, West Virginia, US territories
Something looks off?